10 Year Anniversary Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: UNIVERSITIES SUPERANNUATION SCHEME LIMITED (Co. Regn. No. 1167127) of Royal Liver Building, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1PY and CRESTBRIDGE CORPORATE TRUSTEES LIMITED (incorporated in Jersey) of 47 Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey, JE1 0BD and CRESTBRIDGE TRUST LIMITED (incorporated in Jersey) of 47 Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey, JE1 0BD the trustees of the Whiteley Shopping Centre Unit Trust (the “Promoter”).
2. The title of the competition is “10 Year Anniversary Competition”
3. The competition will run from 10am on Saturday 20th May 2023 (the Opening Date) to 10am on Tuesday 23rd May 2023 (the “Closing Date”).
4. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter via the entry method specified at condition 5 by no later than 10am on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after this time are automatically disqualified.
5. Enter the competition via the competition post on the Whiteley Shopping official Instagram account or Facebook account by liking and commenting on the post.
6. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
7. The Promoter will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
8. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. The winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries within five days of the Closing Date.
10. The Promoter will select two individual winners.
11. The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
12. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
13. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
14. There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
15. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
16. There are two prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of
• 1 x Book from Waterstones
• 1 x Bag of gifts from Seasalt Cornwall
• 1 x Solent Hotel Spa Day Voucher
• 1 x Starbucks Cup and keyring
• 1 x Cineworld Cinema Ticket
• 1 x Refillable bottle plus a refill of your choice from The Body Shop
• 1 x £5 Gift voucher from River Island
• 1 x Kids Puzzle Goodie Bag from The Entertainer
• 1 x Pineapple Glass & Straw from Flying Tiger
• 1 x Wagamama Metal Bottle, Chop Sticks, Tote Bag and £15 voucher
17. Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prizes.
18. The prizes are supplied by Waterstones, Seasalt Cornwall, Solent Hotel, Starbucks, Cineworld, The Body Shop, River Island, The Entertainer, Flying Tiger, Wagamamas (the “Suppliers”).
19. The prize is not negotiable or transferable and must be collected from Whiteley Shopping Centre.
20. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
21. The Promoter will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the Closing Date, using the telephone number, email address or social media handle provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
22. One winner from Facebook and one winner from Instagram will be selected at random and will be contacted via direct message from the Whiteley Shopping official Facebook/Instagram account respectively. Once the winners have been chosen, this will be announced and pinned to a post on the Whiteley Shopping official Facebook and Instagram accounts. We will never ask you to click links outside of the official competition post.
23. The winners of the prize will have 30 days from the Closing Date to claim the prize by responding to the private message on the relevant social media platform. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
24. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
25. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within 30 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
26. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
27. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
28. The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.britishland.com/privacy-notice.
29. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.