Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: The Whiteley Co-Ownership (USS Ltd and Whiteley Shopping Centre Unit Trust of Whiteley Shopping Centre, Whiteley Way, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7PD (the “Promoter”).
2. The title of the competition is Summer Starts Here
3. The competition will run from 11 AM on Saturday 14th August 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 12 Midnight on Friday 3 September 2021 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
4. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter [the hashtag #WhiteleySummer and tagging the Whiteley Shopping Centre social media pages by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
5. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. The Promoter will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
7. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. The competition winner will be chosen at random by the Promoter. The decision of the Promoter (acting reasonably) will be final.
9. The winner(s) will be selected at random from all qualifying entries on 6 September 2021, or within 7 days of the Closing Date.
10. The Promoter will decide how many winner(s) it wishes to select in its absolute discretion.
11. The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
12. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
13. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
14. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
15. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
16. The Prize consists of:
• 2 x adult and 2 x child passes to Marwell Zoo. Tickets are valid for 12 months from the day of issue and enable the visitor to visit once throughout that period. They are valid for park entry only. Children aged 2 and under go free and do not need a ticket. Children up to and including the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged.
• A family stay for 4 in a family suite in the Solent Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis to be taken any time from 1/10/21 – 31/10/21 (excluding school/ bank holidays).
• 2 x adult and 2 x child passes to Rock Up. Tickets are valid for 12 months from the day of issue. Children up to and including the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged.
• 2 x adult and 2 x child tickets to Cineworld Whiteley.
• £50 gift card towards a meal for a restaurant chosen by the winner at Whiteley.
17. Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
18. [The prizes are supplied by:
Marwell Zoo, Thompson's Ln, Colden Common, Winchester SO21 1JH
Solent Hotel, Rookery Ave, Whiteley, Fareham PO15 7AJ
Rock Up Limited, 28 Mayfield Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8XB
Cineworld Cinemas, 8th Floor, Vantage London, Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9AG
British Land, York House, 45 Seymour St, London W1H 7LX
19. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
20. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will, subject to any objections received in accordance with condition 24, publish the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries via the Whiteley Shopping website on 6th September (“Announcement Date”).
21. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01489 566000. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
22. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
23. The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number, email address or social media handle provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
24. Please allow 14 days for delivery of the prize. Your details will be shared with third party providers listed in condition 19 to allow facilitation and/or delivery of other prizes.
25. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
26. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within 30 of days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
27. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
28. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
29. [You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website (Whiteley Shopping Centre) and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
30. The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the https://www.britishland.com/privacy-notice. See also conditions 22 and 23, regarding the announcement of winners.
31. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
33. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.